The resources gathered here are designed to provide LabCoP country teams and stakeholders with tools, guidance, information and best practices from neighbouring countries and global health organisations, to help them scale up a variety of laboratory and diagnostics capabilities.
Waste ManagementLearn More
Tuberculosis DiagnosticsLearn More
Monitoring & EvaluationLearn More
SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19Learn More
Diagnostic Network OptimisationLearn More
Laboratory-Clinical Interface and Community EngagementLearn More
More LabCoP Resources
ASLM’s Resource Centre hosts a variety of tools, guidelines, presentations and other resources that can help strengthen laboratory systems across Africa. A pre-filtered list of all resources related to ASLM’s LabCoP can be found on ASLM’s Resource Centre. To find a specific resource, visit ASLM’s Resource Centre and enter the resource name in the search bar.
Key Waste Management Resources
- The HIV Laboratory Waste Cost Assessment Framework (WCAF) – this tool supports laboratories with a standardised format for forecasting waste disposal costs for HIV VL and EID to country level program managers for country operational plan planning.
- Waste Management Training ECHO Sessions – These webinars provide training on proper waste management practices.
Explore more waste management resources at ASLM’s Resource Centre, here.
Key TB Diagnostics Resources
- LabCoP Cookbook Recipe #6: How to Maintain HIV and Tuberculosis Testing Services During Health Emergencies – This recipe summarises key considerations and best practices that help should ensure continued delivery of essential diagnostic services for HIV and TB among other infectious diseases.
Explore more TB diagnostics resources at ASLM’s Resource Centre, here.
Key M&E Resources
- Considerations for Developing a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Viral Load Scale-Up and Implementation – This guide, published by WHO, presents key considerations and examples of tools to assist countries in developing a national VL M&E plan.
Explore more M&E resources at ASLM’s Resource Centre, here.
Key SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 Resources
- Quality Assurance Framework for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Testing for Diagnosis of COVID-19 – This framework aims to provide general technical guidance to African Union Members States on the rollout, establishment, implementation, and M&E of SARS-CoV-2 Ag RDT interventions so as to help detect, control and minimise errors in the performance of COVID-19 lab testing processes.
- Guidance on Quality Assurance for COVID-19 Molecular Laboratory Testing – this guidance was compiled to help AU Member States and partners as they set up comprehensive quality assurance measures for COVID-19 testing laboratory networks.
- LabCoP Cookbook Recipe #4: Decentralising COVID-19 PCR Capacity – The various strategies discussed in this recipe include governance and coordination planning, expansion measures, testing site selection, testing site installation, and routine testing operations monitoring.
- LabCoP Cookbook Recipe #5: Quality Management System Considerations for COVID-19 Molecular Testing Labs – This recipe describes the critical elements that laboratories should put in place to rapidly identify and minimize the risk of lab errors in implementing testing for SARS-CoV-2, and defines the minimum QA requirements for NAAT testing.
Explore more SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 diagnostics resources at ASLM’s Resource Centre, here.
Key DNO Resources
- Diagnostic Network Optimization (DNO) Objectives, Definition, and Key Principles and Approach – DNO aims to redesign the diagnostic network set-up in order to increase access, maximize impact, and generate efficiencies. This document outlines the DNO objectives, definition, and key principles and approach.
- Integration Readiness Assessment Tool – This checklist, created by CHAI, evaluates and helps select the sites in a country where TB/HIV/HCV/HPV integration on the GeneXpert platform would be most feasible.
- Assay Verification Tool – The tool is designed to help laboratories implement new tests, making it easier to design, setup, and analyse data generated as part of a new test procedure verification.
- Considerations for Adoption and Use of Multi-Disease Testing Devices in Integrated Laboratory Networks – This document highlights issues related to: Government-led coordinated planning; regulatory approval and validation; product and site selection; integrated specimen referral systems; SOPs and trainings for end users; and more.
- ASLM’s LabMap – The LabMaP project hosts a platform for the rapid collection, storage and analysis of geolocation information on laboratory capacity.
- LabCoP Cookbook Recipe #1: Sample Transport
Explore more DNO resources at ASLM’s Resource Centre, here.
Key LCI and Engagement Resources
- LabCoP Cookbook Recipe #2: Test Result Utilisation – This recipe includes considerations and best practices that can help your team improve viral load test result utilisation for patient management, and achieve better clinical and public health outcomes among people living with HIV.
- LabCoP Cookbook Recipe #3: Demand Creation – This recipe includes considerations and best practices that can help a team raise awareness of viral load testing and promote its demand, and achieve better clinical and public health outcomes among people living with HIV.
- ITPC Global Community Engagement toolkits – Toolkits to help community organisations that are planning to implement community-led monitoring (CLM). It provides an overview of CLM and steps for designing, implementing, running and resourcing it.