Educational IT Officer
The African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM) is a pan-African professional body working to advocate for the critical role and needs of laboratory medicine and networks throughout Africa. Africa is rapidly growing but faces major health challenges including epidemics of HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria, and new priorities such as Ebola and other global health security threats. Strengthened laboratory capacity and surveillance in Africa are critical to overcoming the burden of disease and ensuring a healthy future for the continent. ASLM addresses these challenges by working collaboratively with governments, local and international organizations, implementing partners, and the private sector.
Expected work of performance: 8 hours per day
Duration: 6 months
Reports to: IT Specialist
Summary of the position:
The Educational IT Officer will be responsible for ASLM’s Academy and Project ECHO web needs. Under general supervision of ASLM’s Director of Science and New Initiatives and the direct supervision of ASLM’s IT Specialist, the Educational IT Officer assists in the management of the ASLM Academy web platform and Project ECHO web needs. In cooperation with ASLM Academy and Project ECHO Program Managers, and ASLM Communications and IT, the Educational IT Officer implements technical functions to help build and maintain the sites, supports the Academy help desk, and produces analytics.
- Support the COVID-19 Antigen RDT rollout
- Collaborate on ASLM Academy platform development and site design
- Update pages and content
- Design and deliver training courses, course materials, course evaluation, certification and coordinate online testing and scoring
- Design a reporting system to evaluate training outcome based on key performance indicators
- Ensure all course content is active and current
- Academy members with
- Assist with management of member database
- Design forms to facilitate the workflow of the course management
- Design tools essential for programs data management
- Generate reports of site analytics (pages, courses, members)
- Contribute to SOPs of Best Practices based on evidence, statistics and data
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems Management, and 3-5 years of work experience in web-based-tools development, support, and management is required.
- Detailed knowledge of content management software, focusing on the WordPress platform
- 2+ year Strong understanding and hands on work experience on Learning Management Systems preferably in Moodle
- Adequate knowledge of best software development practices, relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming, web application development, and Search Engine Optimization process
- Maintaining updated knowledge on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Intermediate English (speaking and writing) is required. French is a plus.
- Basic graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus.
- Experience in audio/narration editing is a plus.
- Strong ability to think and work independently while handling multiple projects and priorities. At the same time, ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
How to apply:
- The application website closes on 22nd January 2021 at 5:30 PM Addis Ababa time and any application sent after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Interested applicants should apply online on ASLM website.
- If you can’t access the link, you can send your resume and application letter to Email.
This position is a contract position and subject to available funding. ASLM may terminate employment at any time due to funding, or for any other lawful reason.
|Job Category||ASLM Current Vacancies|