ASLM Membership Manager
The African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM) is a pan-African professional body working to advocate for the critical role and needs of laboratory medicine and networks throughout Africa. Africa is rapidly growing but faces major health challenges including epidemics of HIV, tuberculosis, and malaria, and new priorities such as Ebola and other global health security threats. Strengthened laboratory capacity and surveillance in Africa are critical to overcoming the burden of disease and ensuring a healthy future for the continent. ASLM addresses these challenges by working collaboratively with governments, local and international organizations, implementing partners, and the private sector.
Nature of Position: Full time Regular
Duty station: TBD
Supervisor: Senior Brand and Communications Manager
Duration: 1-year renewable based on fund availability
We are looking for ASLM Membership Manager who will take ownership of growing and maintaining ASLM membership. Successful candidate will be innovative, interested in making suggestions to improve the ASLM Membership Programme, and creative in packaging and promoting ASLM membership.
The Membership Manager will develop ASLM membership by planning and implementing Membership strategies, including promoting Members’ active participation in ASLM events and continuing educational opportunities to build their relationship. The Membership Manager is primarily responsible for recruiting new members, and retaining existing ones. He/she will develop and lead membership drives, plan member events and platforms, and create and implement outreach strategies in order to expand ASLM’s membership base and engage with existing members. The Membership Manager will oversee membership campaigns, including on-site promotions, direct mail, or social media promotions, and works to increase members’ involvement, contribution and level of support. The Membership Manager is also responsible for maintaining a membership database, writing promotional materials, designing and promoting membership benefits, observing and analyzing membership trends and feedback, and communicating with members. The Membership Manager is also expected to work with the membership base to help achieve the financial goals of ASLM membership.
- Develop and implement activities that seek to attract new ASLM Members across all membership categories (including institutions, organisations, industry, and individual professionals) in cooperation with ASLM membership Focal Points.
- Develop and disseminate marketing materials and activities
- Coordinate, monitoring, and evaluation of membership campaigns
- Coordinate and develop the membership application and admission process at a global level in cooperation with the ASLM membership Focal Points in order to make the process as efficient and member- centric as possible (including developing an online membership application platform).
- In cooperation with the Membership Unit and ASLM membership Focal Points, develop and implement a standard onboarding package for different Member categories
- Conduct and develop the application and recognition process for National/Regional Committees of Members
- Develop and update information on Members and Committees in the Constituency Relationship Management (CRM) system and support the development of the CRM to maximize the potential of the system to support relationship building with members.
- Coordinate membership dues within the Membership Unit, this includes preparing the Membership Dues Guide, reports, assisting the finance team with the preparation of invoices and reminders to members and organizing the reassessment of membership dues periodically.
- Ongoing monitoring and improvement of the above activities based on feedback
- Support the development and use of a new Members’ digital zone in cooperation with the Membership Unit, including content creation, member engagement and development of new features (in English and French).
- Work with ASLM Centers and Regional Offices to package activities that will engage members and add value to their membership in cooperation with the Senior Members of membership Unit
- French-language support (translation/editing) for communications and documents.
- Support membership matters at the ASLM events, including managing the Members’ Accreditation process and coordinating the Sponsored Members Programme
- Research why members leave and develop approaches to retain members and attract former members to re-join.
- Coordinate the planning and agenda of the regular (virtual and in person) Membership Focal Point meetings
- Ensure follow up when necessary during absences of colleagues in the membership team.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- At least 6 years work experience in recruiting and/or engaging members for a national or international organization.
- At least 3 years’ experience in conceiving and development of communication and knowledge products in a range of formats such as reports, presentations, publications, brochures, policy briefs, web stories, press releases, short films, podcasts, etc.
- Interest in the sector, and experience in working for an organization in this field is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is essential. Portuguese desirable but not essential.
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, proven ability to work in the Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook) and to use the internet. Excellent knowledge/ease of use of excel is an absolute requirement.
- Ability to manage systems (including CRM) and train other staff on the use of these systems to support membership related work. Experience in designing and developing systems is a plus
How to apply:
- The application website closes on 17th October 2022 at 5:30 PM Addis Ababa time and any application sent after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Interested applicants should apply online on ASLM website.
- If you can’t access the link, you can send your resume and application letter to Email.
|Job Category||ASLM Current Vacancies|